Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of optimizing a website to increase its visibility and ranking on search engine results pages, such as Google, Bing, Yahoo etc. SEO involves creating content and using keywords, meta tags, and other techniques to improve a website’s ranking for a specific search.
Let’s take a look at basic components of SEO:
1. Keywords are the words and phrases that are related to the content of your website. They are used as prompts by search engines to find your website.
2. Content is the text, images and videos on your website. Search engines will understand what your website is about and will rank your website higher in the search results IF you have Good and Relevant Content.
3. Links are connections between different pages and websites. The more links you have to your website from other places (websites – Facebook, Google Maps, Yelp, LinkedIn, etc) the higher google and other search engines will score your website as they see that your website is important.
4. Site Architecture is how your website is set up. A well-organized site helps search engines find and index the pages on your website more easily.
5. Technical SEO: Technical SEO is the process of making sure search engines can find, crawl and index your website properly. You need to make sure your website is fast and secure and it is mobile-friendly, and more.
Let me know if you have questions on SEO.Stay tuned for my next post!!!